SLSC Registration Information
Absolutely no late registration for competitors. No exceptions.
Late Registration for observers and advisors will end on March 1, 2020.
Contestant swaps/edit deadline March 1, 2020. Swap fee: $10 before March 1st.
No refunds or cancellations after the SLSC Registration Deadline.
$10 (For changes made after Feb. 5, 2020-Until SkillsUSA Georgia can take no more)
February 5, 2020
March 1, 2020
Please mail all State Conference payments to the below address:
1740 Hudson Bridge Road
Stockbridge, GA 30281
1. Log onto www.skillsusa-register.org to register your chapter for the State Leadership and Skills Conference.
2. You will enter your email address and the password. If you did not previously create a password, then you can do so on the site by following the instructions listed.
3. After you have logged in, click on the CONFERENCE tab at the top of the page and click on MY REGISTRATIONS from the drop-down box.
4. From the FILTER EVENT drop down box choose the appropriate conference (State Leadership and Skills Conference).
5. Begin registering your chapter by clicking on the ADD REGISTRANT button at the top of the page.
6. For each contestant, click on the “Contest” tab at the bottom of the page to enter the correct contest.
7. Enter Voting Delegates as Observers (they will receive Voting Delegate ribbons at the conference).
8. You do NOT need to complete the “Emergency” tab since each participant will complete the form titled: Personal Liability/Medical Release/Photography Release.
9. Continue to add new registrants and save them until everyone from your chapter has been registered.
10. PLEASE ensure the following:
a. Each attendee’s name is spelled correctly
b. The correct contest has been selected for each attendee
c. Each attendee has a shirt size listed
d. Each attendee is a registered SkillsUSA member
11. Once you have completed registering all your attendees, you MUST complete the HOTEL PLANNER portion of the registration.
a. Click on the HOTEL PLANNER button at the top of the page.
b. Click on each of your registered members and drag and drop them into an available appropriate hotel room.
c. Rooms must be either all female or all male. (This step allows you to determine which students are housed together.)
d. BE CAREFUL- Make sure that you use single and double rooms appropriately.
NO MORE THAN 2 PEOPLE PER SINGLE ROOM AND NO MORE THAN 4 PEOPLE PER DOUBLE ROOM.
12. After the close of registration, your school will be assigned a hotel by the SkillsUSA Georgia State Office. You will be notified of your hotel and rooms booked by the SkillsUSA Georgia Office.
13. The following forms should be completed for each conference attendee, if applicable, and turned in on-site at registration. The required forms are posted as downloads on the website.
1. Personal Liability/Medical Release/Photography Release
2. Student Code of Conduct
3. Dance Code of Conduct
4. Advisor Code of Conduct
14. Print the fee summary and registration summary from the website. You can find these forms by going to the top of the web page and holding your cursor over the heading titled Conferences – the fee summary and registration summary will appear in the drop-down box. You will want to make a copy for your records and submit a copy with your payment.
15. On-line registration will close at midnight on February 5. Payment is expected for all participants that are registered by the payment deadline. Registering after the deadline of February 5, will result in an additional fee of $20 per attendee.
16. Absolutely no refunds will be granted after the close of registration.
Conference Registration YouTube Video to assist with registration:
Conference Dress Code
SkillsUSA Official Dress, as defined in the SkillsUSA handbook, or Professional/business Dress, is required for the Thursday General Session and the Saturday Awards Session. Neither hats nor caps should be worn at these sessions. Skirt length (standing) should be to the middle of the knee.
Students who are not appropriately dressed (no hats or caps are allowed; skirts must be to the proper length) will not be presented their awards on the medal stand. They will be presented backstage at the Awards Ceremony.
No shorts, sweat suits, jeans, tank tops, muscle shirts, T-shirts or bathing suits are allowed during General Sessions or any competitive event sessions. Advertisements for alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, sexually oriented advertising, or illegal substances are prohibited.
SkillsUSA Official Dress should be worn in all contests as mandated by 2019-2020 Technical Standards or as posted on the SkillsUSA Georgia website. Please make sure to read the 2019-2020 Technical Standards for complete coverage of contest dress requirements.
Students and advisors that are observing the contests are expected to be neatly and appropriately dressed.
Since adults (advisors, parents, chaperones, and guests) serve as role models at SkillsUSA Georgia conferences and activities, they are expected to dress appropriately for related functions they attend. Conference participants not adhering to the SkillsUSA Georgia Dress Code will not be permitted to participate in conference activities. SkillsUSA Georgia dress code requirements listed as follows:
Dance Dress Code
Students must wear a chapter or conference SkillsUSA t-shirt or conference polo. Shirts may not be tied around the waist or shoulders.
Students may wear clean jeans. Holes or cuts in them which show skin is not acceptable. No underwear or midriffs showing at any time.
No cutoff jeans, no shorts allowed.
Election 2020: State Officer Election is new at this year's State Leadership & Skills Conference. For more information on this voting delegate training & the new state officer election procedures please visit the
Election 2020: SkillsUSA Georgia State Officer Election Page
Voting Delegates play an important role in electing SkillsUSA Georgia's State Officer Team. Each chapter is alloted a specified number of voting delegates based on their OFFICIAL REGISTERED membership. Voting delegates are assinged as follows: