State Officer Candidate Information
State Officer Application is due on February 15th, 2021!
Becoming a State Officer Candidate is the next step in obtaining a SkillsUSA Georgia State Officer Position. We encourage everyone who is eligible to carefully read the requirements and duties of being a SkillsUSA Georgia State Officer and apply if you believe you would be a good fit!
A SkillsUSA Georgia State Officer is a role intended to serve the members of SkillsUSA Georgia. Officers are not only the face of the organization but are the back bone behind each conference throughout the year. This is a commitment that will require a great deal of time and effort during the summer of 2021 and the following school year. As representatives of SkillsUSA Georgia, it is imperative that you read through the following information as it pertains to policies and procedures that will be carried out.
You will be notified via email that your State Officer Candidate Application has been received. You will be sent a State Officer Candidate Update email detailing the times, places and functions you are expected to attend during the State Leadership and Skills Conference.
1. A student must be a member for at least two years (the second year can include the year they are running).
2. A student must be either a sophomore or junior to run for a SkillsUSA Georgia State Officer position.
3. A student must plan to take a course during year of service: Architecture, Construction, Graphics, Video, Transportation, Public Safety or Cosmetology.
4. A school may run only one State Officer candidate.
5. A state officer MUST be enrolled in their high school/career center full-time for their year of service, per membership bylaws.
6. A slate of 6 officers will be elected. The 6 candidates with the highest total score will compose the slate of officers. During the State Officer Training, it will be determined which office each elected student will hold. The official offices are: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Reporter, and Parliamentarian.*A slate of 5 officers may be elected if SkillsUSA has a National Officer Candidate to make a total of six. National Officer Candidates are selected in February by a nationwide panel. See National Officer Application for further details.
7. A candidate may ONLY compete in a leadership contest during their year of service and year of campaigning.
National Officer Candidates
In order to become a National Officer candidate, you have to have served as a State Officer first. The SkillsUSA Georgia State Office has held conversations with the National Office, and it is their recommendation that a state association send a Candidate that has served as a State Officer. It is our desire to send the most qualified Candidate to the national level to represent SkillsUSA Georgia and believe that the State Officer program is the best platform to set students up for success in a leadership capacity.
The student must be a Junior to run as a National Officer candidate.
The student must have a 3.0 GPA to be eligible to run.
SkillsUSA Georgia must receive an email from a parent/guardian and SkillsUSA Georgia advisor giving their endorsement.
The student must have a class in one of the following training areas: Architecture, Construction, Graphics, Video, Transportation, Public Safety or Cosmetology.
The student must be in good standing with the state association.
The student must be a registered member to be eligible to become a National Officer candidate.
The student must have complete knowledge of the POWERR formula and be able to demonstrate how to write a speech using the POWERR formula.
The student must recite the SkillsUSA Pledge, Creed, Mission and Motto in front of the interview committee.
The student must demonstrate an understanding of the SkillsUSA Framework including the Framework Components and the Essential Elements.
The student must complete the first unit of the Career Essentials Suite: Fundamentals – Reliability. This course will address three Essential Elements: Integrity, Professionalism and Responsibility.
The student must submit their score of both the “Reliability” pre-test and post-test.
State Officer Candidate FAQ's
No, really, does it hurt?
Relax, there is minimal to no pain!
How does it work?
Our patent pending process utilizes small acupuncture needles and a heat source to liquefy your targeted fat.
Will I see immediate results?
Yes! And you'll even continue to see effects over the next 24-48 hours!
What can I treat?
We currently can treat your chin, cheeks, arms, belly, love handles, cellulite on thighs, and buttocks.
How much could I lose per session?
Results depend on the pliability of the adipose tissue and hydration level, as well as fitness level. Typical results are around 5 inches but we have seen as much as 19 inches in a session.
How many sessions are required?
Most people will book up to 6 sessions. After this point we find that people will return for touch ups as needed.
Where are you located?
We currently have 9 locations - Cool Springs, Gallatin, Mount Juliet, Murfreesboro, Downtown Nashville, Goodlettsville, Smyrna, Spring Hill,and Diamondhead Mississippi. We also have concierge services for home visits by appointment only.
Is there an age limit?
You must be 18 or older.
Is it ok to exercise afterwards?
Yes, but be sure to drink plenty of water.
Is it safe?
Yes! And we are fully insured with a medical doctor.
How did you discover this process?
We noticed that despite our level of exercise, we still had belly fat. We also noticed that it didn't actually sweat, so we attempted to devise an external sweating response to shrink fatty areas, and it worked!
Who is this best for?
This is for someone who is already health conscious, working out and watching their diet, but with problem areas.
How much does it cost?
Visit your location of choice on the LOCATION page for services and pricing details.